Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Championship Series

I picked the Yankees to beat the Rays and advance to the World Series. I have to stick with the Yanks to top the Rangers. I haven't followed the AL West much this season, but I have to say the Rangers have a surprisingly strong and balanced team. That being said, their bullpen will be their undoing.

Another way to pick these series - and I am sure I will offend some of my loyal followers in doing so - is the Red State/Blue State theory. When in doubt, always plump for the Blue State team. In the case of the AL series, of course, there is a clear choice. And honestly, just one look at the grinning face of W. in the stands, and all these Texans wearing antler t-shirts made up my mind.

I picked the Phillies to beat the Giants and advance. I haven't changed my mind as to which is the better team, but I am rooting for the Giants just so the Phillies do not advance to the World Series for a third consecutive year. The Red State/Blue State theory provides no guidance here, but the Phillies fans are a genuinely obnoxious bunch and this sways my sentiments in terms of a rooting interest even though the Phils are probably the stronger team.

No comments:

Post a Comment