Sunday, April 6, 2014

5 Games, 8 Runs

That's pretty much the story of the season thus far.  Looking over the lineups so far, I cannot see how the results could be much different.  These guys do not hit basically because, especially in clutch situations, they hit brainlessly.  How much a different approach can be taught is an interesting question.

The lineup today is basically just every left-handed hitter Renteria can find.  One good thing, Castro is dropped to sixth in the order.  Just why anyone considers him a #2 or #3 or even #1 hitter is beyond me.

One bad thing about all the lineup changes and shuffling so far is that no one is really comfortable with his spot in the order or day to day.  Not sure this is a good thing.

I'd like to see more consistency myself.  If Bonafacio stays hot, why not just leave him in CF.  Sweeney is a big zero anyway.  My problem with the way the Cubs are structured now is that the alternatives to players with genuine potential are really just bad.  I mean why not play Olt and Lake every day, for example.

Well, lets see today's game.  Burnett pitches for the Phillies.  Cubs generally do not do well against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment