Monday, November 3, 2014

Maddon

Maddon seems like an interesting guy and, for the first time in a long while, looks as if he has the skill set and personality to manage the Cubs successfully.  Lets hope things pan out.  I especially like his upbeat predictions.  Long past time to think like a winner or a contender instead of just resigning oneself to another awful season.

On a side note, I like the signing of Wada.  Wada pitched very well after the Cubs brought him up and put him in the rotation.  He was kind of a five or six inning pitcher, but I think that was because they were easing him back from his surgery more than anything else.

I'm hoping the Cubs make a big play for Lester who, to my mind, is the best available free agent starter.  I don't like Peavy despite his late season revival with the Giants.  The Giants play in a big ballpark and Wrigley isn't.  I kind of think Peavy is done as a big game pitcher.  I also was not all that impressed with Shields through the playoffs and World Series.  If the Cubs get Lester, they can afford to go for a lesser talent looking to rebuild value, someone like Masterson, for example, or they could bring back Hammel, who did not pitch that badly for the A's down the stretch after a rough start.

No comments:

Post a Comment